Students at Emily Follensbee School are registered through a referred placement process by the CBE Inclusive Learning team, your local community school and/or private operator program (eg. GRIT, Renfrew, etc.). As a result, we do not take direct registrations as all students must be assessed for suitability to our program. Currently, our Kindergarten students attend a full-day program on an alternating days schedule (Class 1 attends Monday, Wednesday & alternate Fridays or Tuesday, Thursday & alternate Fridays).
When Can a Child Begin Kindergarten?
Children must be at least five years old as of December 31 to start kindergarten in the fall of that kindergarten year. This means that a four-year old child may start kindergarten if they will turn five on or before December 31 of that kindergarten year.
Note: Your child must start Grade 1 if they are 6 years of age or older on September 1.
When to Register
Registration for the 2022-23 school year will begin on January 17, 2022. Please contact your local community school to register your child as part of our referred placement process. To locate your community school, please use the CBE Find a School tool.
Referred Placement Registration
To initiate the process of a referred placement to Emily Follensbee School, you will need to:
- If your child currently attends an EDC/pre-school program, you can speak with them about contacting the CBE's Inclusive Learning team to discuss a program referral to Emily Follensbee School. If your child is not currently enrolled in a program, please contact your local community school for registration.
- Register your child at your local community school. Once your child has been registered within the CBE, your community school can support the process of a program referral and transfer to our school. To locate your community school, please use the CBE Find a School tool.
- Complete and submit your child's Student Registration Form - Dependent Student at your designated community school.
- Contact your designated community school to let them know that you will be registering your child and they may need to be assessed for placement at Emily Follensbee School.
- You may contact us at Emily Follensbee if you have any questions at (403) 777-6980.
For general questions about registration at the Calgary Board of Education, please call the CBE School Information Line at (403) 817-7955.
Registration Steps During a Health Emergency
During a health emergency when access to school buildings is being limited for everyone's safety, please following the CBE Registration Process During a Health Emergency for students who are Canadian citizens at your local community school.
Not Canadian Citizen | Students new to CBE who are not Canadian citizens must contact CBE's Welcome Centre at (403) 817-7789 or firstname.lastname@example.org for registration instructions.