Lunchtime Bell Schedule
- 11:15 AM internal – Lunchtime for Grade 1 - 4 / AM Kindergarten dismissal
- 11:45 AM internal bell – Recess
- 12:00 AM internal bell – Teacher supervision (different tone)
- 12:10 PM internal/external bell – Entry for all students / PM Kindergarten start time
Eric Harvie School will offer a supervised lunchroom program for all registered lunchroom students. Parents can find more information and register online. For details, see our Noon Supervision page.
Information regarding school fees can be found on our Fees page.
Students returning back to school after going home for lunch will be supervised by teachers beginning at 12:00 PM.
The city playground will be available for student play on a rotating basis to ensure a safe number of students are on the equipment at all times.
Due to the large number of lost lunch packs, containers, water bottles and ice packs, please write the student’s full name on all their lunch items. This will greatly help us in getting those lost lunch packs and belongings back to the right students as quickly as possible.
Please do not send your child with peanut butter, Nutella or nut butters as part of their lunches. For more information about allergies visit our Illness & Medical page.
Bringing Treats To School For Your Children
Families will often want to bring treats to school for their children to celebrate birthdays or special events. Due to the many allergies in our school, some of which are airborne, we ask that parents always check with their child’s teachers before bringing cookies, cupcakes, etc. to school. Also, please be aware that we work as Pods and bringing treats means treats for the whole Pod – this can range anywhere from 68 to 105 students, depending on which Pod your child is in. We love celebrating with your children too and encourage you to contact the teachers if you are considering sending treats for any reason – thanks so much!
The milk program will start on Oct. 2019. If your child wishes to switch from white to chocolate milk or vice versa, please send a note to the teacher or you can email the lead lunch supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fun Lunches and Snacks
The Eric Harvie School Fun Lunch has launched!
Orders must be placed through Healthy Hunger for all Fun Lunch and Fun Snack options. Please copy and paste the URL http://www.healthyhunger.ca to sign up for your child’s fun lunches and fun snacks.
We are looking for volunteers to help out for both the Fun Lunch and Fun Snack days. If you are able to help out please see the following sign-ups.
Fun Snack: email@example.com
Please see schedule for fun lunch/snack dates:
|Fun Lunch Dates||Fun Snack Dates|
|October 17, 2019 - Subway|
November 28, 2019 - Mucho Burrito
December 19, 2019 - Papa Johns
January 23, 2020 - Subway
February 20, 2020 - Tim Hortons
March 12, 2020 - Papa Johns
April 23, 2020 - Boardwalk
May 28, 2020 - Subway
June 18, 2020 - Papa Johns
|October 10, 2019 - Saucy Bread Company|
October 24, 2019 - Kernels
October 31, 2019 - Chaos
November 7, 2019 - Tim Hortons
November 14, 2019 - Saucy Bread Company
December 5, 2019 - Kernels
December 12, 2019 - Chaos
January 9, 2020 - Tim Hortons
January 16, 2020 - Saucy Bread Company
January 30, 2020 - Cobs
February 6, 2020 - Kernels
February 27, 2020 - Saucy Bread Company
March 5, 2020 - Tim Hortons
April 9, 2020 - Chaos
April 16, 2020 - Kernels
April 30, 2020 - Saucy Bread Company
May 7, 2020 -
May 14, 2020 - Tim Hortons
May 21, 2020 - Saucy Bread Company
June 4, 2020 - Kernels
June 11, 2020 - Tim Hortons
June 25, 2020 - Chaos
Fun Lunches Missed Due to Illness, Absences
We love having our Fun Lunches. Occasionally though, kids are sick or away on an appointment. When that happens, the school and the School Council have agreed to the following plan in order to ensure we do our best to get paid orders to students but also try to ensure we do not promote food poisoning.
- Please place orders by the Saturday before the lunch or snack date
- If you have concerns regarding food allergies, please contact the vendor directly
- If your child is absent on a Fun Lunch or Fun Snack day and you have placed an order that you would like to pick up please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 10:45 am on Fun Lunch days and 8:30 am on Fun Snack days.
- If students who are away have a sibling in the school, the lunchroom staff will get the fun lunch to the sibling.
- If there are no siblings in the school or both are away, the fun lunch will be labeled with the student’s name and placed in our Lunchroom refrigerator for parents to pick up at the school by 3:00 PM.
- Any lunches remaining in the refrigerator the next day and not picked up will be discarded so we are confident no one will get sick from eating old lunches.