Lunchtime Bell Schedule
- Lunch Hour for Grade 1-4 Students is 11:25 am -12:15 pm Monday - Thursday
Eric Harvie School will offer a supervised lunchroom program for all registered lunchroom students. Parents can find more information and register online. For details, see our Lunch Supervision page.
Information regarding school fees can be found on our Fees page.
Due to the large number of lost lunch packs, containers, water bottles and ice packs, please write the student’s full name on all their lunch items. This will greatly help us in getting those lost lunch packs and belongings back to the right students as quickly as possible.
Please do not send your child with peanut butter, Nutella or nut butters as part of their lunches. For more information about allergies visit our Illness & Medical page.
Bringing Treats To School For Your Children
Families will often want to bring treats to school for their children to celebrate birthdays or special events. Due to the many allergies in our school, some of which are airborne, we ask that parents always check with their child’s teachers before bringing cookies, cupcakes, etc. to school. Also, please be aware that we work as teaching teams and bringing treats means treats for the whole teaching team – this can range anywhere from 55 to 75 students, depending on which class your child is in. We love celebrating with your children too and encourage you to contact the teachers if you are considering sending treats for any reason – thanks so much!
Fun Lunches and Snacks
Eric Harvie School Council is happy to offer the Healthy Hunger Fun Lunch (& Snack) program again for the 2022-2023 academic year.
What: The Fun Lunch (& Snack) program is offered to all students at EHS. Kindergarten students are provided the Fun Snack program but due to their hours, they are NOT able to participate in the Fun Lunch program. (If your child is in the afternoon Kindergarten class, no worries, their snack is held for them and available in the afternoon).
When: EHS offers 2 snacks and 1 lunch option each month, always offered on a Thursday and in coordination with TMC (to support a day off of lunch prep for parents with kids in both schools!! )
Why: The Fun Lunch program is a big FUNDRAISER for the school and supports our students.
Who: All vendors are chosen through the Healthy Hunger program website. This means that the vendor must be available through this program in order for them to provide food to the school.
Where: EHS receives delivery to the school and our helpful parent volunteers sort and deliver the food to the classroom. We will be looking for parent volunteers from each classroom to support each week. We appreciate parent involvement!! Thank you in advance.
How: ALL students (and staff) wanting to participate in the Fun Lunch (& Snack) program must register EACH YEAR. You can do so by following these simple steps:
- Go to the Healthy Hunger home page (healthyhunger.ca) to log in. If you are new to Healthy Hunger, click on “Register Student Account” to add parent information. Remember, your email address will be your login.
- Once logged in, you can click the “Add Student” tab to add your student’s information. This will prompt you to enter your child’s name and choose EHS and classroom teacher. *There is also a STAFF “classroom” available. **IMPORTANT** EHS has 2 account options; Eric Harvie School and Eric Harvie School KINDERGARTEN. Please choose the correct account for each student you have at EHS. The Kindergarten account only has access to Fun Snack, NOT Lunch.
- Once you have added your student(s), you will be sent to the calendar and you will see all the available Fun Lunch and Snacks listed. Click on the icon to choose your meals you would like to participate in and proceed to pay.
- You can order for as many dates as you’d like; each Lunch or Snack date will be open for ordering until the previous Saturday at midnight. We will also send you helpful reminders along the way.
Easy as that!
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SCHOOL AND OUR STUDENTS.
Any questions, please email email@example.com
We are looking for volunteers to help out for both the Fun Lunch and Fun Snack days. If you are able to help out please see the following sign-ups.
Fun Snack: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see schedule for 2022-2023 fun lunch/snack dates:
|Fun Lunch Dates||Fun Snack Dates|
|March 23 - Pita Pit|
April 6 - Boston Pizza
April 27 - Subway
May 25 - The Lunch Lady
June 1 - A&W
June 22 - Papa John's Pizza
|March 9 - Tim Hortons|
March 16 - Cobs Bread
April 13 - Jelly Modern Doughnuts
April 20 - Jugo Juice
May 11 - Saucy Bread Company
May 18 - Kernels
June 8 - Out of Chaos Cookies
June 15 - Menchies
Fun Lunches Missed Due to Illness, Absences
We love having our Fun Lunches. Occasionally though, kids are sick or away on an appointment. When that happens, the school and the School Council have agreed to the following plan in order to ensure we do our best to get paid orders to students but also try to ensure we do not promote food poisoning.
- Please place orders by the Saturday before the lunch or snack date
- If you have concerns regarding food allergies, please contact the vendor directly
- If your child is absent on a Fun Lunch or Fun Snack day and you have placed an order that you would like to pick up please email email@example.com prior to 10:45 am on Fun Lunch days and 8:30 am on Fun Snack days.
- If students who are away have a sibling in the school, the lunchroom staff will get the fun lunch to the sibling.
- If there are no siblings in the school or both are away, the fun lunch will be labeled with the student’s name and placed in our Lunchroom refrigerator for parents to pick up at the school by 3:00 PM.
- Any lunches remaining in the refrigerator the next day and not picked up will be discarded so we are confident no one will get sick from eating old lunches.