Kindergarten Registration at Eric Harvie School - January 2021
Kindergarten registration begins on January 11, 2021. The link above has the complete details about the process and also features a "calculator" to ensure your child is the correct age for Kindergarten next year. The information below is intended to be a quick version for our specific school situation:
1) Please complete the CBE Student Registration Form (linked here: CBE Student Registration Form)
The parent / legal guardian / independent student completes the appropriate form, prints, signs where noted (resident/non-resident and declaration), scans or take a photo of each page of the completed registration form then saves the file.
Save the file as “New Registration -” followed by the full legal name of the child/student. For example, if the full legal name of the child is Morgan Aubrey Smith, then the file is saved as "New Registration - Morgan Aubrey Smith".
Parents / Legal Guardians / Independent Students without access to a printer, can complete the registration form electronically, save using the naming protocol as stated above, and because they will not be able to sign the two declarations must include in the email to the school this statement:
- I hereby represent that I have the legal authority to register the person named on the attached registration form. I declare the information that I have provided on this form is complete and accurate. I will immediately notify the school of any changes to the information on this form. AND one of these statements:
- I declare that I am of the Roman Catholic faith. or
- I declare that I am not of the Roman Catholic faith.
2) Please digitally submit the form to the Eric Harvie School office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) We will send you a reply email within 1-3 business days to ensure your registration form has been received. At that time we will make an appointment for families to bring in documents to confirm registration where we will make copies of your child's birth certificate and proof of address. We will also provide information for receiving your preference of AM or PM Kindergarten.
4) If you have any questions, please contact the EHS office at email@example.com or 403-817-3532
Kindergarten Staggered Entry & Alternating Fridays
Kindergarten students are sorted into AM and PM classes. A schedule will be sent home with parents in the opening Kindergarten information package and will be posted on the school website as well. This schedule will indicate whether AM or PM classes attend on alternating Fridays.
There are two days designated during the first two days of school where new Kindergarten students are invited to attend for part of the school day in small groups to begin acquainting themselves with teachers and the Kindergarten environment at the school. Times for staggered entry are mailed to families ahead of time so parents know when to bring their students to school. Classroom teachers are not assigned to particular students until the end of staggered entry to ensure all classes are balanced for gender, identified learning needs and visible aptitudes. Since our Kindergarten program employs a full team-teaching approach, all students work with all teachers and students in the program and share space and resources every day. All teachers will know and work with all students – the responsibility group assignment serves teacher assessment and parent communication primarily.
Regular Kindergarten programming occurs during the regular instructional hours of school Monday – Thursday, 8:25 AM – 11:15 AM or 12:15 PM – 3:05 PM. On Fridays, for early dismissal days, AM and PM Kindergarten classes will alternate attendance. Please refer to the Calendar for specific attendance days.
AM/PM Kindergarten alternate on Fridays 8:25 am – 12:05 pm.