The focus of EM High School is learning and teaching. In accordance with the Calgary Board of Education policies regarding schools as safe and secure environments, students will face suspension or expulsion for the following offenses on school property.
- Use or possession of, or active contact with weapons (including laser pointers,water guns and balloons, fire crackers, snowballs) and other potentially dangerous items.
- Verbal or physical threats or intimidation of other students
- Fighting with other students
- Active bystander during a fight
- Extreme use of obscene or abusive language
- Bullying and Cyberbullying
- Pranks of any kind
- Vandalism to school property (Students will be responsible for costs of repair)
- Use of, possession of, trafficking in, or being under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs and/or drug paraphernalia
- Visitation to other schools before, during, or after school hours except as a member of a teacher supervised team, group, or event.
There is a zero tolerance for anyone engaged in hazing at Ernest Manning High School. Students who engage in this behavior will receive disciplinary action. Such action may range from, suspension from team/ school to expulsion from team/school.