The Career Centre is always busy planning ways to support students' transition from high school. Transitioning from high school to either work or post-secondary education is a big step. To support students and their families in this process the Career Practitioner is readily available to provide one-on-one support and small group work. Check D2L for current planned events, links to various scholarship websites and post-secondary education.
Transitioning from high school to either work or post-secondary education is a big step, often it is one that parents are very concerned about. To support students and parents in this process, various Post-Secondary School & Industry Display/Presentations are scheduled throughout the school year. Check the calendar for current information.
The EMHS Career Centre is now online. Students can access resources for career planning, post-secondary applications, scholarships, job search strategies, and more. All students have access to these resources through their D2L account: https://d2l.cbe.ab.ca/d2l/home/712411. To book an appointment for more support with Ms. Heidi Lund, Career Practitioner, please visit the calendar at http://bit.ly/EMHSCareerApt or email email@example.com .
Career Centre Services
The Career Centre is located in Student Services.
- One-on-one Consultations with Career Practitioner (students, parents, teachers)
- Classroom presentations (integrating career development into all subject areas, both core and complementary)
- Career & Self Assessments
- Various inventories are available please see the Career Practitioner to make an appointment to explore career options
- myBlueprint Education, Career & life planner
- Learn about yourself using the 520+ assessments
- Plan for high school
- Explore post-secondary opportunities across the country
- College, University, and Apprenticeship Information – detailed information on post-secondary education and training options.
- Explore and compare occupations
- Find entry-level jobs and volunteer opportunities
- Create interactive portfolios for classes and applications
- Create resumes, cover letters, and budgets
- Set goals and action plans
- Document evidence of learning using pictures, videos, drawings, and audio recordings
- Reference Materials
- Post-Secondary Schools and programs
- AHRE publications on various topics
- Job Postings & Volunteer Opportunities
- Education, Career and Job Fairs, Presentations and Displays
For more information, feel free to contact our team:
Students can choose to find out more about the "real world" via the work experience programs and the Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) while earning high school credit at the same time. The career centre staffed by a career practitioner. Students can research and get help with self-assessment inventories, occupation and post-secondary information, resume writing, job search techniques, career goal setting and much more. Please make an appointment for individual assistance and guidance.
Resources to Help You with Career Planning
- myBlueprint - An interactive education, career, pathways and life planner (7-12). The tool can help students to explore and build their high school course plan and inform their course choices. Login with your CBE edu email and password.
- Alis - Alberta careers, learning and employment information
- ALIS CAREERinsite - A one-stop guide to career planning for Albertans. Create your career plan, get to know yourself with quizzes and exercises, explore options, get ready and take action.
- Calgary Public Library - Job & Career Accelerator (Library Card Required). An interactive career selection and job search system, including: occupation profiles, resume building, cover letter writing, interview skills and more.
- Career Exploration Centre - The Career Exploration Centre (CEC) is a fun, interactive environment where you can get hands-on experience with a variety of careers located on the SAIT campus.