Booking an Appointment & Hours
Students are assigned an advisor as follows:
Mr. Slaght: A - G | email: email@example.com
Ms. Bajwa: H - M / PLP | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Anderson: N - Z | email: email@example.com
Ms. McGilvary ELL / International / Indigenous | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students are asked to come into Student Services to book an appointment to see their advisor. Signup sheets for appointments are in front of the secretary in Student Services. There will be some opportunity for drop in appointments.
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM
How We Can Help
- Personal/Social Supports and Services - Short term supports on personal concerns which may be affecting their high school success.
- Educational Advisement – working with students/families on understanding their educational goals and how to attain these goals.
- Working with students/families to select courses which support their goals.
- Meeting with students/ families as they transition into and out of our school.
- Providing information on what is required to graduate as well as what courses may be needed for their post-secondary goals.
- Providing individual support with a student experiencing learning difficulties
- Financial support
- Help resolving conflicts
- Career Advisement - We work alongside students/families on providing information to explore career paths.
- Collaborating with our career practitioner who is available to students in the Career Centre.
- Providing information and contact information regarding post-secondary institutions
- Exploring potential career pathways including occupations and educational training/resources
- Referrals and Consulting – At times we consult and/or refer a student and their family to an outside agency. At times parents have asked about topics such as alternative course delivery, mental health issues, and communication with students.