Please review the links below, these will provide useful information and answer any questions you may have about your first day of school, and our day-to-day expectations of students.
First Day of Classes
Our first day of classes is scheduled for September 1, 2022 and the school office is open to parents Monday to Friday, all year.
August 15, 2022: Timetables will be visible. If your student wishes to request a change to their timetable, or request a semester one CBe-Learn online course please go to the following link: Course change request form – Fall 2022. Please read the directions carefully to ensure your advisor has the necessary information to assist you.
August 29, 2022: Student Advisors return and are available to families. Their priorities will be to schedule new registrations and update student profiles to include summer school credentials. Timetable requests will begin to be processed on August 29.
· Ms. McGilvary (A - D) | email: email@example.com
· Ms. Bajwa (E - Mi) | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Ms. Anderson (Mj - Z) | email: email@example.com
August 29, 2022: Teachers return
August 29, 2022: Grade 12 – Student photos, ID’s, parking passes (9:00 AM – 11:30 AM)
- Student Cohorts: A - G (9:00 am), H-M (9:45 am), N - Z (10:30 am)
August 29, 2022: Grade 11 – Student photos, ID’s, parking passes (12:30 PM – 3:00 PM)
- Student Cohorts: A - G (12:30 pm), H-M (1:15 pm), N - Z (2:00 pm)
August 30, 2022: Grade 10 – Student photos, ID’s, parking passes (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Student Cohorts: A - G (9:00 am), H - M (9:45 am), N - Z (10:30 am)
Parking Passes: Interested students can purchase parking passes for $40.00 on a first come first serve basis. Students are required to come in person and provide proof of their valid Class 5 Drivers License.
Required CBE Forms
Families are encouraged to print, sign and return to the school:
September 1, 2022: First day of classes for all grades. Modified schedule. School doors will open at 8:30 am. Grade Assemblies, Homeroom Meetings and Mini-Timetables will be held throughout the day to welcome students to EMHS and help transition students into the new school year.
- Grade 10 Students: Arrive at 8:52 AM and meet in Main Gymnasium for welcome assembly and homeroom meetings. Schedules for the rest of the day will be provided to all students upon arrival. Dismissal time is 3:31 PM.
- Grade 11 Students: Arrive at 10:30 AM and meet in the Main Gymnasium for welcome assembly and homeroom meetings. Schedules for the rest of the day will be provided to all students upon arrival. Dismissal time is 3:31 PM.
- Grade 12 Students: Arrive at 10:30 AM and meet in their Homeroom Locations visible in PowerSchool. Schedules for the rest of the day will be provided to all students upon arrival. Dismissal time is 3:31 PM.
September 2, 2022: Second day of classes for all grades. Regular Friday schedule.
September 12, 2022; Cafeteria service opens. School store opens.
School Start & End Times
Our bell times are:
|Monday – Thursday||8:48 AM – 3:31 PM|
|Period 2||8:48 AM - 10:16 AM|
|Period 3||10:18 AM - 11:46 AM|
|Lunch||11:46 AM - 12:33 PM|
|Period 4||12:33 PM - 2:01 PM|
|Period 5||2:03 PM - 3:31 PM|
** Note: Period 1 and 6 classes exist as specialized classes that occur outside the regular timetable. Students enrolled in these programs will be contacted by their teachers individually to outline course instructions.
|Friday ||9:00 AM – 1:10 PM|
|Period 2||9:00 AM - 10:01 AM|
|Period 3||10:03 AM - 11:04 AM|
|Period 4||11:06 AM – 12:07 PM|
|Period 5||12:09 PM - 1:10 PM|
School Supply Lists
School supply lists are distributed by teachers in class.
Students taking Math 10 C, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2 will need a graphing calculator.
The approved calculators list are on the Math page.
We are a school that follows the traditional calendar. View our School Calendar.
For system calendars, please visit the CBE System Calendars page.
Please visit our How to Register page for all registration details and registration forms.
Our school office is open all year for registration, Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Welcome to the Griffin Family!
To all of our Grade 10's and new students welcome to the Griffins Family! Get involved in as many teams as you can this year.
Our sports season kicks off with Football, Volleyball, Cross Country, and Girls Soccer. From there we dive into Swim, Basketball, and Badminton. In the Spring, Boys and Girls Rugby, Track and Field, Boys Soccer, and Field Hockey take centre stage.
Looking For Information?
For all Athletics related questions please contact: Jovan Vujinovic
, Athletic Director | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more at: 2022 Athletics Start Up
Good to Know
Check out these key areas within our site for more information: