Mathematics 20-1 (5 credits)
Prerequisite Recommendation: Math 10-C
For students requiring calculus in University.
Students in Mathematics 20-1 will study the following topics.
- Quadratic Functions and equations
- Radical expressions and equations
- Rational Expressions and equations
- Sequences and series
Mathematics 20-2 (5 credits)
Prerequisite Recommendation: 50% or greater in Applied or Pure Mathematics 10.
For students planning on University programs not requiring calculus.
Students in Mathematics 20-2 study the following topics:
- Quadratic functions and equations
- Radical expressions
- Mathematical reasoning
Mathematics 20-3 (5 credits)
Prerequisite Recommendation: Mathematics 10-3
For students planning on trades.
Students in Mathematics 20-3 study the following topics:
- Banking- Compound interest
- Consumer Problems
- Scale factor and areas and volumes
- Slope and linear relations
- Proportional reasoning
Mathematics 20-4 (K&O) (5 credits)
Prerequisite Recommendation: Students need to be registered in the Knowledge and Employability Program and have completed Math 10-4
Students in Mathematics 20-4 study the following topics:
Operations: whole numbers, integers, fractions, decimals, percent
- Problem solving with patterns, variables and expressions, graphs
- Measurement and Estimation
- Shape and space
- Collect and analyze data