As an Ernest Manning student, you may choose to take a Dual Credit Program as part of your high school learning plan. The purpose of Dual-Credit Programs is to provide opportunities for students to personalize their high school experience, by exploring and building on their career interests. Dual Credit students are enrolled in both a post-secondary institution and in their high school concurrently. They earn CTS credits towards a high school diploma and post-secondary credits towards a degree or diploma. Courses are taught by experienced post-secondary instructors, who are connected to industry, and support students in making meaningful connections to career pathways. Dual Credit students are also supported by a CBE teacher. Dual Credit Programs allow student to:
- Study in an area of passion and interest
- Get a jump start on post-secondary learning.
- Earn high school and post-secondary credits (transferable).
- Build confidence and develop skills that will support a successful post- secondary transition.
- Experience a post-secondary learning environment and learn about on-going opportunities.
- Reduce first year course load and the time required to complete a program.
Setting up for Success:
- Talk to parents, guardians or advocates about the program.
- Understand how these programs and specific courses will fit into your high school schedule and graduation learning plan.
- If you are interested in applying for one of these exploratory opportunities, meet with the Off-Campus Coordinator. Applications for these programs typically are completed in collaboration with the Off-Campus Coordinator.
- Attend the program information session. Visit the Unique Opportunities page for detailed descriptions, information about our partners, how to apply, and important dates. Ensure that you are able to attend all program dates and commitments for the duration of the program.
For a listing of Dual Credit Programs, review the program guide.
For more information about Dual Credit programming, contact your school’s
Off-Campus Education Coordinator
Ms. Suzana Dimitrijevic-Dawe at email@example.com