<="" span="">The Green Certificate Program is an apprenticeship-style training program designed by Alberta Agriculture, Food and Rural Development. It provides high school students an opportunity to earn locally developed high school credits, while earning an industry recognized certificate from Alberta Agriculture and Forestry. Students work closely with a trainer knowledgeable in the student’s chosen specialization. To complete the program successfully, students must be tested in three training levels. Upon successful completion, students earn the Technician Level Green Certificate. Students can earn an industry recognized certificate from Alberta Agriculture and Forestry in the following areas:
- Bee Keeper Production
- Cow–Calf Beef Production
- Dairy Production
- Equine Technician
- Feedlot Beef Production
- Field Crop Production
- Irrigated Field Crop Production
- Sheep Production
- Swine Production
- Greenhouse Production
In order to begin a Green Certificate Program, interested students must:
- Meet with the Off-Campus Education Coordinator to discuss program details.
- Attend an Induction Meeting: An orientation meeting with the CBE Off-Campus Education Specialist and a representative from Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
- Complete AGR3000 (an online Agriculture Workplace Safety course)
- Complete an Off-Campus Education Agreement (contract): This document must be signed by the student, along with their trainer, parent/guardian (if they under the age of 18) and CBE Off-Campus Education Specialist.
- Please Note: Only Agricultural sites that provide a safe, positive and caring training environment for the student and meet the requirements of related legislation, regulations, codes and policies will be approved.
How credits are earned?
In each Green Certificate program students can earn up to 16 high school credits towards their first 100 credits needed to graduate and a Technician Level Green Certificate for their chosen specialization.
For more information about Green Certificate programming, contact your school’s
Off-Campus Education Coordinator
Ms. Suzana Dimitrijevic-Dawe at email@example.com