Ernest Morrow School is committed to the development of a learning and teaching community which strives to create an atmosphere of safety, responsibility and accountability. Respect, understanding and commitment to quality teaching and learning will foster this environment where students will think critically, take risks, strive for personal bests and challenge themselves to be productive members of society. Creative, cooperative and supportive working relationships are essential if our students are to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners.
The role of each teacher, working within a collaborative and cohesive staff, is to build a trusting and caring school climate that honours individuality and encourages effort to help students recognize, build on and achieve their full potential. As a team of parents, teachers and students, we will work together to create a community based on balance and moderation, personal health, and knowledge so that students are empowered to respect diversity and achieve personal success, mastery of curricula and technological competency.
Hear our Thunder
Who Was Ernest Morrow?
Ernest Morrow School is named after Mr. Ernest Morrow a long time resident of the Forest Lawn neighborhood. The son of James Morrow, an early pioneer farmer in the area, Ernest Morrow was born in 1913 and for much of his life he was engaged in dairy and grain farming. In 1939 he married Barbara Bastin. They had two daughters; Maureen and Patricia. When the town of Forest Lawn was incorporated in 1940, Mr. Morrow was a member of the first council. In 1941 he was elected Mayor and held that position for seven years. At approximately the same time, the Bow River School District was formed and Mr. Morrow was a Board member for eight years. As well, he served as a Vestry man and a Rector’s Warden at St. Luke’s Anglican Church.