Good afternoon EMS families,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. Our teachers and staff are ready to welcome you back into the building. It has been a long wait and we are excited to see everyone! Without question, this school year will be a year like no other.
The reason for this message today is to let you know about our Staggered Entry Plan for all students during the first week (September 1-4) of school. We are beginning our school year this way to limit the number of students entering the school. The purpose of the plan is:
- To ease the transition of students into school,
- To spend time with smaller groups familiarizing them with our health measures,
- To facilitate physical distancing while teaching the protocols of our health measures,
- To allow each child and accompanying family member to have a successful and memorable “first day of school” drop-off.
- Only students are allowed in the building. Parents who are dropping children off will need to say their goodbyes near designated entrance doors.
- While outside waiting for entry, students, parents, and families must adhere to social distancing.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to stay in their vehicles if possible.
Please see our Back to School page for our Staggered Entry Plan for the first week for Grade 6-9 Students
On these days, doors to the school will not open until 8:20am. If you are dropping children off early, please remind them that they need to social distance from their peers. Students will also be required to wear a mask on their specific re-entry day. Please send your child to school with a mask. If you do not have one, a disposable mask will be provided. All students will be provided with two (2) reusable masks by Alberta Education, but they have not arrived at the school yet and there is no guarantee that they will arrive in time to be distributed to students on their specific re-entry day. All students need to bring is a snack/lunch on this day. Breakfast program and the cafeteria will not be available until September 8, 2020 at the earliest.
***Microwaves are not available for student use. Please do not send your child with food that needs to be heated and/or re-heated***
I recognize that this information comes to you less than a week away from the scheduled first day (September 1, 2020), and apologize for any inconvenience. We wanted to get this to you as soon as possible to make alternate child care arrangements for next week if required.
I think we can all agree that taking it slow while being intentional about safety is important given the circumstances. We appreciate your support in helping us get a strong start to the school year.
By the end of day Friday, specific information about school re-entry, set-up, and safety measures in place at EMS will be posted on our school website. You will also receive this information through email. You can also expect a phone call from your child's homeroom teacher on Friday. If no one answers, a message will be left and an email will be sent to you by your homeroom teacher.
Thank you! We’ve missed you all, and can’t wait for school to resume. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the school or by email.
"THE" Ernest Morrow