Cell phones and other technology have become a regular part of our day. It is expected that
any student who has a cell phone will:
- Practice responsible digital citizenship
- Be respectful online
- Use the cell phone in class only for learning and when not needed for learning
refrain from using it
- Be respectful and comply with teacher requests around the management of the cell
phone in the classroom.
- Respect all privacy rules and expectations
Students will NOT:
- Bully online
- Harass others online
- Use technology, including cell phones, to incite any inappropriate or unsafe
- Will not share private information or visual images of others at any time
- Use the technology, including cell phones, for purposes unrelated to learning in
- Use technology, including cell phones, to make social arrangements during class
Ernest Morrow Student Digital Citizenship
|To bring your own device to school.
- Use it for learning.
- Kept it in a secure location.
- Not share it with friends.
- To not text or access video/games during class time.
- To keep your head up in the hallway for safety.
- Never use in the office, bathroom or change room.
|To the use GET CONNECTED wifi network.
- Only use technology for CBE approved learning activities.
- To not carry out any unauthorized downloading, hacking or illegal activities.
- Act with digital citizenship and integrity.
|To use your device for learning.
- Find apps and tools to personalize your online experience.
- Avoid texting/gaming/surfing during learning time.
- Use reliable and accurate information and resources.
|To have an online presence.
- To be aware that posts and comments are permanent and can be found in the future.
- Prevent cyberbullying.
- Be your true self on and off line.
- Use caution with personal information.
- To not post or text what should be a conversation.
- Live up to the Student Purpose Statement.
|To find accurate information.
- Look for the other side of the story.
- Use credible websites for information.
- Access CBE and Calgary Public Library resources.
- Personalize filters (language, reading level) and use tools (fonts, dictation) to improve access.
|To contribute to the online community.
- To get permission before posting any content with information or images of others.
- To be a positive contributor.
- Make meaningful connections with others online.
- Avoid threats, bullying and .
|To use school computers and technology.
- To leave it ready for the next user (undamaged and charged).
- Provide my own headphones.
- Inform a teacher of any technical or physical issue.
- Leave all settings and content as found.
- Only print with permission.
- Log off both @educbe.ca and the computer when finished.
Infractions will be addressed through the CBE Student Code of Conduct and CBE Progressive Student Discipline.
Consequences for Responsibility violations could include:
- Loss of access to school WIFI (Get connected)
- Loss of privilege to bring personal technology to school.
- Loss of access to school technology.