School Council typically meets the fourth Monday of each month at 6:00 PM. Parent and community member input to school decisions is greatly appreciated. See our Calendar page for dates and times. Minutes of the meetings can be provided upon request.
Chair: Bekki MacMillan
Vice Chair: April Fisher
Secretary: Marcy Moir
Key Communications: Marcy Moir
Contact the School Council
The mission of the Ernest Morrow School Council is to foster the well being
and effectiveness of our school community and to enhance student learning.
Our School Council will facilitate communication among all of the concerned
participants of our school community so that we may work together, as partners,
to create an effective learning environment and enable our students to achieve
The objectives of the council, in keeping with the School Act and the
regulations, are as follows:
- To provide advice (input) to the staff and principal.
- To promote continuous school improvement through meaningful involvement by
all members of the school community.
- To facilitate collaboration among all concerned participants of the school
- To support collaborative decision making.
- To facilitate the development of a common vision for our school, a vision
that is an extension of the School Improvement Plan.
- To complete a formal School Council Review to be included in the Annual
School Report to be completed no later than June 15 each year.
- To keep the Calgary Board of Education informed – in cooperation with the
principal – of the needs of the school.
- To facilitate communication with all educational stake holders and the
- To promote actively any endeavors that serve or support a positive school
image and that serve the general positive image of the community of Forest Lawn.