Parent and Volunteer Involvement
Parental involvement is a vital component of our school. Whether your involvement is through attending School Council meetings or events, helping in the classroom, volunteering for field trips or assisting classroom preparations at home, all parents are encouraged to volunteer in some way.
We value the assistance provided by all volunteers, and welcome all community members to consider volunteering their time at the school. Please contact the office to discuss opportunities to volunteer.
Adequate supervision is required for all activities outside the school. Should there not be enough volunteers to provide the required student to supervisor ration, events like field trips will be cancelled.
Volunteers at Ernest Morrow commit to a Code of Ethics. Any volunteer not adhering to the ethical behaviour expected of them will no longer have the ability to volunteer. The expectations are:
- Volunteers must notify the principal of any criminal charges at the time the charge is made.
- Volunteers are expected to act professionally while in the school, on trips or communicating with staff and students.
- Volunteers will respect the roles and duties of school staff, and will not use the volunteer position to discover information about their child, another child, or a staff member.
- Volunteers will be discreet and will not violate the confidentiality rules of the school or CBE by sharing information about student behaviour or academics at any time in person or online.
- Volunteers will not disclose, communicate, publish, take, alter copy, interfere with, or destroy any information unless specifically authorized to do so by the teacher or the principal.
- Volunteers will refer any discipline issues to the supervising teacher in the school and Teacher in Charge (TIC) on field trips.