Hot lunches are a great break from sandwiches, however we are asking that parents please make use of thermoses instead, since hot water and microwaves are not available.
Lunch supervision is provided to all those students in Grades 1 to 6 who have registered and paid Noon Supervision fees for the current year. Lunch supervision fees are considered a tax-deductible childcare expense. Parents can access “Drop-in” services for their child. A Noon-Hour Supervision registration form is required to access drop-in services. Drop-in fees are $5 per day. Attendance is taken each day in the lunchroom for those students who are registered.
Lunch Hour Expectations for School, Parents & Students
Working as a team, students, school staff and parents make our Noon Supervision Service successful! Our partnership is strengthened by clear expectations. As the noon period is a part of the school day, the same behaviour is expected of the children as outlined in the Ethel M. Johnson School
1. School is expected:
- To provide a safe and secure place for students to have their lunch break.
- To provide noon supervision to: walk-limit students as user-pay service, and to bus-eligible students for a CBE allocated cost.
- To accommodate a drop-in program
- To be advocates for students addressing “What is Best for Children”
2. Children are expected:
- To be considerate of each other, staff and other adults (be it on the playground or within the building)
- To demonstrate proper respect and care for articles belonging to self, school, and others
- To follow school regulations and noon supervision service rules
- To resolve differences without physical violence or abusive language or gestures
3. Parents are expected:
- To submit a completed registration form and pay the required fees. May discuss fee payment with the school principal
- To identify any allergies or medical conditions that their child may have
- To provide their child with a lunch that meets their child’s needs and weather-appropriate clothing
- To provide advance notice for a full-time student who will be absent from the noon supervision service
- To provide advance notice to have a drop-in student stay for lunch
We have children at our school who are allergic to nuts and related nut products, we strive to be a Nut-Free School. Parents must indicate any special health concerns on the school registration for their child and are encouraged to ensure classroom teachers are also aware of health issues. For more information about this and other health concerns visit our Illness & Medical page.