If your child is going to be absent from school, please remember to contact the school to ensure we know your child is away. If we do not receive a call, We will call you to confirm your child is away. This process ensures our students’ safety.
It is important that you call the school if your child is going to be absent or arriving late.
Please email the school at email@example.com or call the school attendance line at (403) 777-6288 ext. 1 before 8:30 AM.
Please insure to report all of the following information:
- student’s name, including the spelling of your child’s last name,
- the date or dates
- reason for the absence.
Please contact the school anytime contact information changes, such as address, phone numbers or emails.
Students may arrive at any time during the day. When a child arrives late they will receive a “it is nice to see you” late slip. This is to inform the teacher that your child has checked in to the office.
Picking up your child early
If you need to pick up your child early. Please contact the teacher and the office to inform what time you require your child to be ready. The staff will do their best to accommodate this request.
School policy regarding students who have extended absences during the school year.
- Calgary Board of Education believes there is a strong positive correlation between attendance and effective education.
- Section 13(5) of Alberta School Act, excuses students from attending school due to illness or other unavoidable cause, religious holidays, suspension/expulsion, or permission from the Board. This absence will be recorded as an unexcused absence in your child’s school attendance record.
- It is not the school’s or Calgary Board of Education’s responsibility to provide homework to students who will be away on extended absences.
- The Alberta Education website includes curriculum information for parents if they wish to ensure that a child continues to learn towards successful completion of their grade: http://www.learnalberta.ca/content/mychildslearning/