Our Learning Commons and Gathering Space are continuing to evolve in order to further support students in exploring, researching, designing and creating. With support from our Parent Advisory Council we have purchased many new materials to facilitate and encourage this inquiry work in our school.
Our collection of children’s literature is an integral part of the school. The Learning Commons will be open daily for student use/classroom use. Students are responsible for the books they sign out. Lost or damaged books will result in an invoice being sent to the parents for the cost of replacing the book. Each class will set their time for signing out and returning books to the Learning Commons.
- Books are signed out for two weeks
- Students can renew books if they want them for longer
- Usually two books can be taken out at a time (exceptions are made for keen, responsible readers)
- If a student has long overdue books, a letter will be sent home requesting payment, and borrowing privileges might be temporarily revoked
- If you notice that a book is damaged, please bring it to the attention of the librarian
Rules of Learning Commons
- Please be quiet and considerate when using the learning commons
- Use shelf markers when looking for a book
- Return books to return bin by library desk (it has a sign on it saying book returns) - do not put back on shelves!
- If in doubt, be sure to ask the librarian