General Rules and Expectations at Fairview School
Students at Fairview are expected to respect the following general rules:
- Cell phones and all other personal electronic devices are to be turned off and stored in lockers during instructional time, unless specified directly by the supervising teacher
- Students are to remove hats and adhere to the dress code when they enter the school
- Students are not to RUN, push or shove in the hallways
- Students are to stand and sing respectfully during ‘O Canada’
- ‘Slurpees’, “Timmy’s” and drinks in disposable cups with lids are not to be brought into school
- Open food should not be stored in lockers
- Students are not to be in their Period 4 classrooms during nutrition break on Fridays
General guidelines for being a successful Fairview student are:
- Be courteous and considerate of all staff and students.
- Be helpful to visiting (substitute) teachers. Without their assistance at our school, many of our programs and off-campus trips would not be possible.
- Be on time and come prepared with homework completed and all required supplies for every class.
- Do your best and strive for personal excellence.
- Enjoy your educational experience! Get involved in activities!
- Follow the school dress code.
- Have your homework done, your assignments completed and handed in on time.