In order for students to have a safe place to store their belongings during the school day, lockers and locks are provided to students in Grades 4-9. Due to the number of student enrolled and the number of available lockers students may be required to share a locker. Lockers are the property of the school and are on loan to the student.
- should not leave items of value in their lockers
- are responsible for the proper care of the locker
- should not to give their lock combination to anyone else
- are responsible to keep their locker clean
- will remove all contents when requested to do so
- will be held responsible for damages to the locker
Grades 7-9 students are assigned a P.E. tote-box locker and lock in the change room.
In the event that school safety and security is a concern administration has the right to complete searches of student lockers and student property.
The use of personal locks on school lockers is not permitted. At the end of the school year, all students shall return the lock they were assigned.
Use of Physical Education Locker Rooms
Every student in Grades 7-9 will be assigned a lock and a tote box. While these lockers are the property of Fairview, they are the responsibility of the respective student. Lockers and lock combinations must not be shared between students. There is one exception as some of the students may be sharing a large locker.
If you do not lock up your belongings they may be taken or vandalized. You will be responsible to replace it at your own cost. Please don’t share your locker combinations with other students. If a student has something of great value, it should not be stored in the locker rooms. Inexpensive jewelry or small items should be stored in a ziplock back in their tote boxes.
Cell Phones are not permitted in the change rooms. They should not be stored in change room lockers.
The school is not responsible for replacing lost or stolen items.
- Students are not to be in the locker room during nutrition break or the lunch hour.
- Students will respect the locker room. Do not damage the lockers, plug the toilet, leave it messy, etc.
- No food or drink is allowed in the locker room
- The shower area in the boys locker room is off limits to all students.
- Grade 4-6 students will not be assigned a locker but instead will keep their gym shoes in their hall lockers and will be allowed to get their shoes before class and return them after P.E. class.