General Rules and Expectations at Fairview School
Students at Fairview are expected to respect the following general rules:
- Cell phones and all other personal electronic devices are to be turned off during instructional time, unless specified directly by the supervising teacher.
- Students are to carry their agenda with them at all times
- Students are to remove hats and adhere to the dress code when they enter the school
- Students are not to run, push or shove in the hallways
- Students are to stand and sing respectfully during ‘O Canada’
- ‘Slurpees’, “Timmy’s” and drinks in disposable cups with lids are not to be brought into school
- Open food should not be stored in lockers
- Students are not to be in classes during nutrition break
General guidelines for being a successful Fairview student are:
- Be courteous and considerate of all staff and students.
- Be helpful to visiting (substitute) teachers. Without their assistance at our school, many of our programs and off-campus trips would not be possible.
- Be on time and come prepared with homework completed and all required supplies for every class.
- Do your best and strive for personal excellence.
- Enjoy your educational experience! Get involved in activities!
- Follow the school dress code.
- Have your homework done, your assignments completed and handed in on time. Follow guidelines for backpacks in and around the school.
More detailed information can be found in our Student Handbook. There is a link on the right of the page.