At Fairview there are multiple opportunities for students to participate in a wide variety of clubs. Depending on student interest and teacher availability, clubs will change year over year.
Examples of some potential clubs are:
- Student Council, House League, Anti-Racism Task Force, Social Awareness Society, Games, Clay Club and Leadership.
Fairview Anti-racism Task Force
Members of the task force will demonstrate a genuine passion and commitment towards supporting ALL marginalized communities and celebrate diversity and inclusion in the Fairview community and beyond. The Anti-Racism Task Force is led by grade 6 teachers, Ms. Lee & Mr. Anderson.
Members will be invited to join based on the following criteria:
- Passion for achieving social justice and equity for all by TAKING MEANINGFUL ACTION
- Thinks through the lens of compassion and empathy
- Exemplifies leadership/role model behavior in and out of the classroom and school
- Continues to educate self and others whenever possible
- Responsible and accountable
- Show authentic allyship; does not commit to this work for any other reason than to show real solidarity to marginalized groups (aka. NOT performative)
The official process will be announced in the 2022-2023 school year.