Fish Creek School adheres to the CBE Administrative Regulations for Student Conduct and Safe and Secure Schools.
Just as with academic achievement, some students require specific teaching and modification to demonstrate acceptable student behaviour. Assisting students in this pursuit is as essential to that student as being able to read or complete basic math computation. In conjunction with our CBE Administrative Regulations, our school is guided by a few key principles with regard to student discipline:
- All students want to, and can be, successful at school
- The classroom teacher is the champion for each student in their class
- Behaviour, in any display, is a form of communication
- Proactive planning is essential for student success
- A team approach between student, teacher/school, and family works best when addressing ongoing behaviour concerns
Our classroom teachers take great pride in the proactive work they do with regard to promoting safe and caring classroom, and as a school we are equally happy with the overall learning environment at Fish Creek. We also understand that student conflict may occur at times throughout the year. As a parent, if you child is expressing concern with regard to another student, please contact your child’s teacher to discuss. Each incident of conflict is handled on a case-by-case basis. Please be aware that our definition of bullying encompasses targeted, repeated incidences between one child (or a group of children) toward another.
For more information with regard to student discipline, please visit the CBE site.