As we work to achieve our Vision for Forest Lawn High School, we will be
guided by these beliefs:
- Each person is unique. We require opportunities to assume responsibility and
to have input and choice into decisions about learning.
- Learning is the central purpose of our school community. We must continue to
work together in determining those expectations, standards and consequences that
characterize an effective learning environment.
- Our learners represent diverse linguistic, cultural, family and educational
backgrounds. We must acknowledge and address diversity in our response to them
- Our learning environment is most effective when characterized by trust,
caring, recognition and a sense of belonging.
- Our school must be a safe and secure place, where we demonstrate courtesy
and respect the rights and dignity of each individual.
- Learning is most effective when interconnected and related to the
experiences of our learners.
- Learning experiences must also provide opportunities for enrichment through
exposure to individuals, organizations and resources in the wider community.
- A collaborative approach to learning involves students, staff, the home and
the community, working in partnership.
- People learn in many ways and at varying rates; flexibility in time,
structure and instruction is essential to meet the broad range of our learning
- Critical inquiry into our fundamental beliefs and assumptions about learning
and teaching must be ongoing.
An intercultural community of learners who value diversity and collaboration. We are committed to building knowledge, developing responsible attitudes and demonstrating competencies for life in a complex and changing world.
Shared Campus with Jack James
Career and Technology Studies (CTS) courses are designed to provide students with hands-on experience. Some of the shops are at the Jack James campus and arrangements are made for you to travel from one campus to the other. CTS credits are required for your high school diploma, so check out your options and ask your learning coach for details.