Teacher’s Assistant Placement (TAP)
This volunteer option is available for students interested in an on-campus education opportunity as a Teacher's Assistant. Students can get work experience credits as a mentor, leader, or tutor helping with school programs. Students can earn up to 30 credits in Work Experience, with a maximum 15 credits towards transcript. Open to Forest Lawn high school students. Suitable for students who demonstrate passion, skills, and a strong work ethic. Recommended to students who have excelled with introductory courses.
*Teacher supervisor and student participation is voluntary.
Register | Online Safety Program at FLHS
- During a spare block, before and after school, or during lunch breaks
- Regularly scheduled [timetabled] classes are not eligible for work experience credit
- On-campus education at school, volunteering in a structured learning area
For example: math tutoring, welding leadership, ELL class mentor, and more…
- For every 25 volunteer hours, you receive (1) credit on your high school transcript
- Work Experience looks great on your résumé to employers or post-secondary
- Acquire volunteer hours as a peer mentor or leader in your favorite class
- Receive up to ten 30 level elective credits to graduate high school
- Increase your GPA for scholarships and or bursary applications
Prerequisites / Requirements
- Online safety course HCS3000
- Minimum student commitment of 75 hours beginning September - June up to the last day of regular classes.
- A signed and dated contract (OCA) is required to earn work experience credits
- Requires a teacher supervisor to monitor on-going progress and sign time-sheets