First Day of Classes
Our first day of classes is Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020 and the school office is open to parents on Thursday, Aug. 27, 2020.
Kindergarten students have a staggered entry – if you missed the Kindergarten orientation, please contact the school office to find out which day will be your child’s first day of school.
School Start & End Times
Our bell times are:
- Morning 9:10 AM – 12:04 PM
- Afternoon 12:51 PM – 3:45 PM
- Alternate Friday Classes 9:10 AM – 12:04 PM
Grades 1 to 9
- Morning 9:10 AM – 12:33 PM
- Recess (Grades 1-6) 10:45 AM – 11:00 AM
- Nutrition Break (Grades 7-9) 10:49 AM – 10:56 AM
- Lunch 12:33 PM – 1:15 PM
- Afternoon 1:15 PM – 3:45 PM
- Friday Classes 9:10 AM – 1:00 PM
- Friday Nutrition Break (Grades 1-9) 11:00 AM – 11:20 AM
- Friday Bus dismissal 1:00 PM
We are a school that follows the traditional calendar. View our School Calendar.
For system calendars, please visit: www.cbe.ab.ca/registration/calendars
The following schedule for Grades 1-6 is adopted by our lunchroom supervisors in order to provide a safe and welcoming environment to eat.
Lunchroom (Grades 4-6: 12:33 – 12:54 PM ) (Grades 1-3: 12:54-1:15 PM ): Sit quietly in designated spots and eat until attendance is taken. Students are then allowed to visit and socialize while eating.
Pre-bell Announcement: Silent/Quiet time to allow students to have time to focus on finishing their lunch and tidying up their eating area. If a bathroom break is needed during lunch, students are to raise their hands and ask for permission.
Grades 1-3: 12:33 - 12:54 PM
Grades 4-6: 12:54 - 1:15 PM
- Good Weather: Students are dismissed to the outdoors for fresh air and exercise.
- Poor Weather: Go to the gym for dance/movement exercises OR Go on a fun walk with exercises interspersed throughout the hallways
The goals of the lunch program are:
- To provide a safe, clean and welcoming environment for students to eat a healthy lunch
- To provide a relaxing space for visiting/socializing with friends
- To provide an opportunity for students to have body movement, both in times of outdoor and indoor lunch (poor weather conditions)
Kindergarten classes have staggered entry on Sept. 1 and 2. If you are unsure of which day your child should begin, contact the main office. You may bring your child to their classroom on the first day of school (you may enter through the main doors), and get them settled. Your child’s teacher will contact you by phone prior to the first day of school. AM and PM kindergarten classes attend on alternate Fridays. See our Calendar for exact dates.