Attendance Line: 403-777-8320 ext. 1.
Lates and Absences
If a student is going to be absent in the morning or afternoon the parent or guardian must call the office at the number above and leave a message. Clearly state the student's name, grade and a reason for the absence. If we have not heard from you, we try to phone home to verify the absence where possible. Please support our efforts to maintain a safe environment at Glenbrook School. This way we ensure that students arrive at school safely or are otherwise accounted for.
The guidelines below are a designed to prevent situations which can cause significant anxiety to children, parents and school staff.
- If parents are going to be late in picking up children, please call the school with a time of arrival. After 3:55 PM students who haven't been picked up are brought to the Main Office.
- We respectfully request that play dates are arranged at least a day before. Last minute arrangements often result in someone arriving at the school in a panic because a parent does not know where their child is.
- Never take other parents' children home unless an arrangement has been made by parents speaking personally with each other.
- Students may not attend evening events at the school without their parents. Please do not bring other people's children to events. Our most serious issues have arisen when students have been alone at evening events.
- Discipline of students at our school is the responsibility of school employees including lunchroom supervisors, teachers and administrators. If a parent has a concern about the behavior of another child, please inform a teacher or administrator right away.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak with a teacher or administrator.