All students of the CBE will be allowed to bring their own digital devices to school to use under the direction and supervision of a teacher for educational purposes only. A wireless network (LAWN) with appropriate filtering is available.
Glenbrook School will be educating all students about responsible, safe, and purposeful use of digital resources. Information for parents will be sent home in early September. The following statements ground our philosophy for Responsible Digital Citizenship. All parents will be required to sign a contract indicating their compliance with the Glenbrook school Digital Citizenship Policy.
Digital Citizenship Philosophy
- Do use our network to demonstrate your understanding of learning outcomes in creative and thoughtful ways.
- Do use our network to share your achievements and excitement about learning with your parents.
- Do use our network to think critically and build information literacy skills.
- Do use our network to explore deep questions that you have in relation to learning and life.
- Do use our network in a manner that will support your constantly growing understanding of new digital technologies. Learn how to learn anytime anywhere!
- Do use our network in a manner that protects your privacy, safety and freedom of thought. Be responsible for protecting the rights of others as well.
- Do use our network in a manner that protects your own health and wellness. The Internet is a fascinating place and so is the real world.