Glendale School’s Digital Citizenship Agreement
With teacher permission and supervision, at the Calgary Board of Education students can:
- Use technology
- Have access to the network/Internet
- Print student work
Use a CBE e-mail account
Using the Glendale Principles of Care (Care for self, others, this place and our learning) to guide our actions, all students are expected to be responsible and will conduct themselves as good digital citizens. The Digital Citizenship agreement is sent home with your child in the school's opening package in the fall of each school year (or upon registration). By signing this document, you agree that you will demonstrate the following characteristics of good digital citizenship:
Showing Care for Self
- I will keep my CBE account passwords and other personal information confidential.
- I will practice responsible conduct and digital etiquette with technology.
- I will inform my teacher if something on an electronic device makes me feel uncomfortable or is inappropriate.
- I will use electronic information resources in a responsible manner that supports learning and demonstrates care for self.
- If I use my own personal device it is my individual responsibility to care for it.
Showing Care for Others
- I will use appropriate language and communicate respectfully while using electronic devices.
- I will respect the property and the creative work of others.
- I will protect and respect personal information of others.
Showing Care for This Place
- I will use all electronic resources in a responsible manner that does not damage computer systems, data or networks.
- I will leave the school equipment so that it is ready to be used by others.
- I will use electronic equipment in the classroom environment to support learning in consultation with my teacher.
Showing Care for Learning
- I will use technology responsibly and for the purpose of learning.
- I will work with my teacher to decide how technology will be utilized to support my learning.
- I understand that artifacts produced on the computer for learning are expected to be shared as part of my learning.
Glendale School’s Digital Citizenship Policy
Students at Glendale School are expected to be responsible digital citizens who demonstrate care for self, others, this place and their learning through an understanding of personal and civic responsibility. By not demonstrating the above expectations, disciplinary measures may result as outlined in CBE Administrative Regulations 1062 and 6001.