Attendance Line: 403-777-5235 ext 1
It is important that you call the school if your child is absent or arriving late. Your child’s safety is our utmost concern.
If your child will be absent or late from school, please phone the school 403-777-5235, press option # 1 and leave a message on the absence line, even if you have provided a note to your child’s teacher. The absence line is available 24 hours per day including weekends. Please do not email absence information as our school email account is not checked before attendance is done for the day.
When leaving an absence message, we request that you:
- speak slowly and clearly
- provide your child’s first and last names, spelling each name if required
- provide their grade and teacher
- provide the reason for your child’s absence as well as the anticipated length
We wish to extend our thanks and appreciation to those parents who do call in for their children’s absences or lates. If we have not heard from you and your child is absent, we will take the time to contact you to assure the safety of your child. With such a large school population, we need everyone’s cooperation in reporting their children’s absence from school or late arrival before the start of each school day.
School Attendance & Punctuality
Regular school attendance is an important factor in a student’s academic success, so please ensure that your child arrives to school on time. Children who are late interrupt the learning for other students and miss important instruction.
Please inform us when your child is going to be late or absent. When a student’s absence is “unexcused”, the office makes every effort to contact parents. We are obligated to report excessive unexcused absences to the attendance officer of the CBE.
Excused absences include:
- Illness, mental health condition or medical/dental appointment. If these are frequent or excessive you may want to request a medical note to excuse these absences.
- Family emergency, death or illness in the family
- Public Health quarantine
- Religious or cultural observance
- Extreme weather, transportation cancellations
- An absence directly related to homeless status
- Suspension from School
- Expulsion from a school with no permission to re-enroll
Unexcused absences include:
- Any absence from school for a day or a portion there of that does not meet the above criteria
Student Sign-In & Sign-Out Procedures
To take your child out of school during the instructional day, please report to the office and complete the Student Sign-Out Book. Students who are late must report to office before going to class.