Please contact the office if your child will be absent or late. For more information about our policies, see our Attendance page.
- Should your child be involved in an accident, staff will assess the situation.
- Minor injuries will be treated appropriately.
- In the case of more serious injuries, parents will be notified immediately.
- If necessary, staff call 911 to seek qualified medical assistance. Children may be transported to the hospital by ambulance.
- Should this necessary, parents must assume the cost of this service (this is not covered by Alberta Health Care).
- CBE staff are not permitted to transport sick or injured children to the hospital.
At Glenmeadows School, we are committed to encouraging healthy food choices. As a result, candy, highly sugary foods including pop, should be left for home consumption. We encourage students and parents to make healthy snack and lunch choices each day. More information is on the CBE Website Healthy Eating page..
We must energetically support safety for our significant number of students who live with food allergies and intolerances. As a result, we ask that students NOT bring nuts nor food that contain nuts. For health reasons, it is important that you support our message of not sharing food. We ask that families do not send birthday cakes or sugary snacks to school. Should you wish to bring special evets snacks, please speak with your teacher before hand. When this occurs, teachers will notify you and ensure that the focus is on healthy choices and that every child can participate in some way. Thank you for working with us to ensure “healthy bodies and healthy minds.”
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student's attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school,
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student's health concern or school registration.