Welcome | Bienvenue
If you are attending G.P. Vanier for the first time, we are most anxious to make you feel at home. If you are returning for another year of studies, “Welcome Back”. The school and staff are here to assist you in your development. It is our sincere hope that your school year will be enjoyable and rewarding.
Some History of Vanier
Georges P. Vanier School was named after Georges Philias Vanier who served as Canada’s Governor General from 1959 until 1967. He served in World War I and became a Major General in the Canadian Armed Forces. As well as having a distinguished military career, Vanier served as Canadian Ambassador to France from 1945 to 1953.
- Our school colors are blue, white, and silver.
- Our team name is the “Lynx”
- Our 50th Anniversary was celebrated on May 27, 2010
- Our Bilingual Program started in September, 1984
- Celebrating learning through responsibility, diversity, and relevance.
- “Striving For Excellence”
Georges P. Vanier School offers four distinctive programs:
- Regular English Program
- Continuing French Immersion Program
- Late French Immersion Programs
- Learning & Literacy Program.
We celebrate learning and personal accomplishment which results in people taking pride in, and assuming responsibility, for themselves and their school.
At Georges P. Vanier, we strive to ensure that everyone is treated with dignity and respect in an atmosphere of solution – oriented problem solving where the best interests of students are of prime importance.