Bonjour & Hello,
We are looking forward to communicating with parents and guardians during our Parent Teacher Conferences today and tomorrow. There are many ways we communicate about student learning here at GPV which include Google Classroom, D2L Brightspace, emails from teachers, PowerSchool and assignments that come home. Considering asking your child one, or all, of the following questions after a day of school:
· What was the most interesting activity you did today? Why?
· What did you find the most challenging today? Why?
· Name the most interesting character in a book you are reading and use 3 adjectives to describe them.
· Show me one of the questions you solved or tried to solve in Math today.
· Talk to me about the new vocabulary you have learned in Science this term.
· What is one new concept/idea have you learned in your Option class so far?
· What sport are you practicing in gym, and can you teach me a game you have learned?
If you were unable to connect with one of the teachers, please send them an email and we look forward to discussing your child’s progress with you.
Semaine de la Francophonie
From March 14 – 18 we will be celebrating French Culture during French Week. Activities will include an Artist in Residence – Mat Mailandt, who you may recognize from the Leon’s commercials! He will be exploring theatre games and exercises to develops English and French vocabulary. We will also have a variety of fun activities all week long, including daily trivia, special treats in the cafeteria and selfies with Bonhomme!
Monday: Cafeteria-croissant sandwiches
Tuesday: Cafeteria-tourtières and quiches
Wednesday: Dress like a French person, Cafeteria – chicken cordon blue and French toast
Thursday: Cafeteria - poutine
Friday: Fancy Fashion Dress-Up Day, Sugar Cube Structure Building, Door Decorating, DJ Dance! Plus, the famous Cabane à sucre!
A reminder that second semester Student Fees have been uploaded. If you require any support, please contact our AMAZING office staff. Please log into your Parent PowerSchool Account to pay any outstanding fees. https://sis.cbe.ab.ca/guardian/home.html
We will be sending home a paper copy of your outstanding fees with your student next week. If you have paid the fees showing on the invoice between now and next week, please double check online they are paid, and disregard those fees on the invoice.
Students have been working very hard this year, and many have used up their supplies! Please ask your child if they require more pencils, erasers, pencil crayons, papers, etc.
Parking at GPV
We have many parents that pick up and drop off their students. We only have a small drop off/pick up/visitor parking area. To avoid issues in that parking lot, please only park on the fenced side of the lot. Please be courteous to other parents. Another solution is to arrange with your student to pick them up along 32nd Ave on the North side of the school, or along 31st Ave on the South side of the school.
The Staff Parking Lot is for Staff Only. Please respect the signage posted in the parking lot.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
GPV School Apparel
We have GPV School Apparel still available! If you would like to purchase GPV School Apparel, please see below for the pricing and see the Main Office for sizes available and purchase!
Pull-Over Hoodie $40
· March 10th (evening) & 11th (morning): Parent Teacher Conferences
· March 13: Daylight Savings Time starts, Spring ahead!
· March 14 – 18: Semaine de la Francophonie – French Week
· March 14-18: Matt Mailland – Artist in Residence
· March 21 – 25: Spring Break
· March 28: Return to school
· March 29: Parent Council Meeting, 7:00 pm
· March 29: Grade 7 Zoo trip for homerooms 731, 732, 712
· March 31: Grade 7 Zoo trip for homerooms 721, 722, 711
· April 15: No School for Good Friday
· April 18: No School for Non-Instruction Day
Have a wonderful weekend. We have one more week until Spring Break!