Bonjour Lynx families,
We have been celebrating Semaine de la Francophonie this week. Some of the activities have included trivia questions about francophonie facts, treats in the cafeteria including croissants and poutine, and visits from Bonhomme Carnaval. Thank you Mme Hewitt and her students for their organization of this week. We are looking forward to a day of celebration tomorrow in homerooms as well with a variety of activities.
We are excited to welcome Chad Edmonds as our new permanent Principal here at Georges P. Vanier. He will be joining our community starting April 4th.
Covid 19 Update
The Alberta Daily Health Checklist is still in effect. Thanks to all who have done their part so that we can keep our school community safe and healthy. There is a Family-Friendly immunization clinic this weekend. Please see the flyer for more information.
CEMA Family-friendly vaccination poster.pdf
· Badminton: Try-outs will occur the week of April 4th for a junior team (grade 6 & 7 students) and a senior team (grades 8 & 9 students). Please see the Badminton Tryout schedule attached. Thank you to the coaches who have volunteered their time so students may enjoy this opportunity.
· Intramurals: Basketball Tournament 4 on 4 will be starting after Spring Break at lunch hour.
· Gym strip change: this will be starting after Spring Break. Please bring your change of clothes and running shoes for your gym locker.
Student Supplies (Gr. 7 – 9)
Students have been working very hard this year, and many have used up their supplies! Please see the attached list to use as a guide. Ask your student what they need to finish up their school year.
Suggested School Supply List Gr 7 to 9.docx
· March 21 – 25: Spring Break
· March 28: Return to school
· March 29: Parent Council Meeting, 7:00 pm Click here to join the meeting
· March 29: Grade 7 Zoo trip for homerooms 731, 732, 712
· March 31: Grade 7 Zoo trip for homerooms 721, 722, 711
· April 15: No School for Good Friday
· April 18: No School for Non-Instruction Day