Grade 7, 8 and 9 students at Georges P. Vanier will follow the Alberta Education program of study that includes the following strands: Number Patterns and Relations, Shape and Space, Statistics and Probability
The mathematical processes of communication, connections, estimation and mental mathematics, problem solving, reasoning, technology and visualization are integrated into the units where appropriate.
Students will be assessed using the following stems:
- Understands mathematical concepts and relationships
- Uses mathematical reasoning to analyze and solve problems
- Explores and develops strategies for mental mathematics and estimation
- Develops mathematical procedures and strategies for computation
- Models, represents and communicates mathematical ideas