We offer a School Safety Patrol in the crosswalk directly in front of the school at the following times:
- 8:30 - 8:40 AM
- 12:00 - 12:10 PM
- 12:40 - 12:50 PM
- 3:30 - 3:40 PM
All students and parents crossing Falshire Drive are to use the crosswalk and abide by the patrollers.
Our Grade Six Safety Patrol Team is working diligently to help your child cross the street safely in front of our school. Parents can help in a number of ways including:
- Walking your child to school
- Dropping students off along the playground fence (to the north, east and west
- of the school)
- Not stopping on the crosswalk or within 5m of the crosswalk
- Do not stop to drop off children in the marked bus zones – this is a “no stopping” zone so drop offs are not permitted
- Adjusting driving speed to road conditions
Patrols Cold Weather Policy
Please be aware that when the temperature is below minus 20 degrees or below minus 20 due to the wind chill factor, the patrols will not be on duty. It is unsafe for our students to be standing still at the crosswalk in extreme cold weather conditions. There may also be times during the year when patrollers may not be able to perform their duties, as in the
case of field trips. When all the patrols are away on a field trip, an adult will be posted at the crosswalk
Parking & Driving Safety
Please do not drop off or pick up your children in the bus zone or the staff parking lot. The buses need all the space to safely load students on and off the buses. Every spot in the staff parking lot is assigned to a staff member. We have had many staff members who arrived at school to find their assigned spot occupied by a parent’s vehicle.
No parking at the front of the school during school hours. This is required for buses (we have buses throughout the day for different field trips etc.)
Pylons will be placed for to help learn the no parking areas. Please use the alley way on either side of the school. The police monitor the no parking zones and give out tickets.
Parking in the staff lot east of the school is reserved for school staff and CBE employees. Students are not allowed in the parking lot and this area is not a drop off area. Parents are also reminded that they are not to park close to the crosswalk (must be 5m from crosswalk) or double park in front of the school. The safest area to drop off and pick up your children is in the alleyways that are east and west of our playground.
The safety of our students is a shared responsibility. We will work with the children to help them be aware of safety rules and we are asking you to do the same. Please model safety over convenience.
- Teach your children to cross with the patrols.
- Instruct your child to get out of the car on the side that is closest to the sidewalk.
- Do not make U-turns
- Do not stop or park in the bus zone at the front of the school. This includes parents picking up or dropping of their children for Kindergarten.
Children may ride their bikes to school, learn more about bicycle safety and expectations.