It is expected that students at Griffith Woods will do their part in helping to keep our school and community neat and tidy. This includes picking up after themselves at all times and using the garbage cans that are located in the school and on the school grounds. Students are expected to participate in the school's recycling program. Recycling bins will be readily available throughout the school.
The CBE may require the parent or guardian of any student to replace or pay for any school property destroyed, broken or damaged by such student.
Playground Rules & Expectations
As a school, we consistently review our playground rules and expectations with our students as needed throughout the school year. Please take a moment to review these with your child(ren):
- If it looks unsafe, we will ask you to stop
- Rocks and snow stay on the ground
- Kindergarten to Grade 6 students must stay inside school boundaries at all times
Use of School Equipment, Open Spaces & Play Areas
Students are expected to use school and recreational equipment appropriately. Students are expected to play safe games that will not potentially endanger themselves or others. Students are expected to respect the rights of participants in organized games and not to disrupt the activity.
Vandalism means the deliberate damage or defacement of CBE property including buildings, grounds, equipment, and electronic information resources.
Following an incident of damage, loss, destruction or conversion, the principal must ensure that an Accident/Vandalism Report is completed and submitted to the board.
When CBE property has been deliberately or negligently damages or destroyed by a student, and the student has been clearly identified, the principal must immediately inform parents or guardians of the student or the independent student, in writing,
- That the incident occurred, and
- That they will receive a claim for restitution when the costs of repair and/or replacement have been determined.
When carelessness on the part of a student results in damage to, or destruction of CBE property, and the student has been clearly identified, the principal or designate must
- Immediately inform the parent or guardians of the student or the independent student that the incident occurred,
- Request that Corporate Business Services provide an estimate of the cost to repair or replace the damage, and
- In consultation with the parents, guardian or independent student determine an appropriate percentage of the cost that is attributable to the student taking into consideration the accidental nature of the damage.