Students living in the residential district of Taradale are eligible for Transportation to Guy Weadick School.
Responsibilities of parents
Parents and guardians have the following responsibilities:
- Be familiar with and observe the “School Bus Rules” in section 8 of CBE, AR 6096: Transportation Responsibilities and School Bus Rules
- Ensure their student is punctual and arrives at the designated pick-up location five minutes prior to the scheduled time
- Ensure their student is respectful of property owners near the pick-up location
- Ensure their student is properly dressed for the weather
- Pay for any willful damage caused by their student while riding to and from school
- Prior to school opening to ensure that their student knows how to recognize their bus stop and find their way home safely
- To attach the name and telephone number of young students on their clothing or backpack for the first weeks of school
- To escort to, and meet very young students the bus stop, and ensure their student's safety while travelling to and from their bus stop
- If their student has a health condition, to ensure their student carries the appropriate medication and understands what to do if they need to use the medication
- To establish emergency procedures with the student, so that the student will know what to do if: the bus is late or does not arrive, no one is home, or there is an emergency school closure.
Responsibilities of students
Students have the following responsibilities:
- Observe school bus rules
- Be at the designated pick-up point five minutes prior to the scheduled departure time
- Assemble in an orderly fashion, and respect the property of others
- Dress properly for inclement weather
- Have their belongings organized and properly secured before loading or unloading in order to ensure the safe and orderly loading and unloading of school buses on school property and during school sponsored activities.