All parking lot stalls are assigned to staff members, and are not available for parent use at any time during the school day. To ensure student safety, please do not use the staff parking lot as a drop-off area for students. We ask that parents observe careful driving practices in front of the school and at the side of both playground areas.
- Be aware of the “No U-turn” signs at the patrol crossing corner in front of the school.
- The “No Parking” signs on side streets must be obeyed at all times.
- Do not park within 6 meters of the crosswalks used by our students.
- Do not park at the front of the school or on the school side of 55th Street. This area is reserved for School Buses.
The Calgary Police Service and the Parking Authority will monitor these areas and will ticket cars that do not comply with traffic signs and regulations.
AMA Safety Patrols
The Guy Weadick School AMA Safety Patrols are made up of volunteer students in Grade 5 and 6. They help to provide safety for those crossing on the streets on the south east corner of the school. Patrols will be at their stations before and after school except during very cold weather or special circumstances.
The primary aims of the patrol are:
- To help protect children from automobile accidents while they are on their way to and from school.
- To help children to develop good habits in crossing the streets.
- To foster qualities of leadership and good citizenship in patrol members.
Student members of the safety patrol and teacher supervisors are volunteers. Words of encouragement are always appreciated. In the event of a problem, feel free to contact the school office to express your concern instead of approaching a student.