2019-20 Meeting Dates
School council meetings start at 6:30 PM in the school.
- Sep. 25
- Nov. 27
- Jan. 29
- April 8
- June 3
Our School Council Members
Chair: H. Klekta
Vice Chair: J. Neilsen
Treasurer: I. Hui
Secretary: A. Livingstone
Yearbook: C. Kwan
Staff Appreciation: C. Kwan
Fundraising: C. Kwan
Who Can Attend School Council Meetings?
All parents/guardians are welcome to attend. Regular meetings are a communication venue to stay informed about your child’s school. Each meeting, students provide a comprehensive up-to-date report on the activities of each grade. The Principal also advises parents on school finances, technology and development plans, curriculum highlights and special events, as well as CBE announcements that may impact The Hamptons School.
What Does a School Council Do?
Our school is comprised of parent volunteers who meet every second month during the school year to assisting in planning parent and student activities, initiate and organize special events and fundraising initiatives, advise and approve funding expenditures, bring forth parental concerns and ideas to the school administration, and share information from the staff. The School Council represents views of the parents. Most importantly, the School Council helps make a positive difference in the quality of education our children receive. School Councils cannot apply for a gaming license so it does not organize casinos.
The Hamptons School also has a Parent Society that is solely responsible for undertaking this important fundraising initiative that makes possible many programs such as Artist in Residence programs, cultural events and technology improvements.
We strive to:
- Continually build a sense of school community and spirit through fun events like Sports Day and the school Yearbook.
- Encourage parent education which supports our children’s learning.
- Recognize and honour the work of our teachers and administration by organizing a Staff Appreciation luncheon.
- Support the Welcome Back event to foster a strong, vibrant community spirit.
- Encourage environmental awareness through recycling programs.
- Support our teachers and administration by encouraging parent volunteerism and coordinating classroom, administrative and other support roles.
- Maintain a relationship with our Calgary Board of Education Trustee and the CBE to advocate for and address issues important to the Hamptons School.
- Assist in resolving parking concerns and to help promote safe parking practices.
How Can You Become a Member of The Hamptons School Council?
You are a member, just by being a parent/guardian of a student at our school. There are many opportunities for you to get involved such as attend School Council meetings, participate on short-term committees, help at special events, or become a School Council officer.
Our School Council is comprised of the following positions that are available for new volunteers on an annual basis:
- Vice Chair
- Resource/Fundraising Coordinator
- Year Book Coordinator
- Sports Day Coordinator
- Staff Appreciation Coordinator
Great reasons for you to participate:
- To support your child and the teachers
- To be informed
- To get to know the school community
- To have input
- To be an agent for improvement
- To be an advocate for learning
- To support events important to your child
- To donate your professional skills
- To have fun and meet other parents
- To MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
We Look Forward to Seeing You at Our Meetings!