The safety of our children is of prime importance and we therefore ask parents to observe the following rules.
- The parking lot is for staff cars and NOT for student drop-offs. If you are going to drop off or pick up a student please do so from the Community Centre parking lot.
- We ask that you do not use the road in front of the Shopping Centre (Queensland Drive, facing north or south) for drop off or pick up because it hinders the view for the patrollers.
- It is unsafe to make a U-turn in front of the school or in a playground zone.
- Parking lots at all schools appear to be a magnet for unsafe practices and present a danger for young children who are often not tall enough to be clearly seen. For this important reason, students and parents are asked to not walk through the parking lot, or outside of the marked crosswalk, at any time. By picking up and dropping off students in the parking lot, you are encouraging your children to break this rule.
- Please pick up and drop off on the street that runs parallel to the parking lot.
Our School Safety Patrols offer their services to the community. Students in Grade 5 and Grade 6 perform the vital function of school patrollers. These dedicated students are responsible for assisting our children across Queensland Drive. Children crossing the street are expected to cross with the patrols. The patrols operate during the following times:
- 8:05 AM - 8:20 AM
- 3:05 PM - 3:10 PM (Monday –Thursday)
- 12:00 PM - 12:10 PM on Fridays