Links to great literacy-related sites
1. WebCat - Haultain Memorial School's Online Library Catelogue. You may also search all the CBE online libraries.
2. Wired for Words - An online book club.
3. Book Pop - Audio animated stories by Stephen Cosgrove. Students can read stories themselves or be read to. These online stories are wonderfully illustrated and fun to read!
4. Teaching Books - Check out the many links to authors' personal websites! Also take in a book reading here! You can also watch video clips of authors and illustrators as they discuss their books and projects.
5. Storyline Online - Members of the Screen Actors Guild Foundation share stories online through the use of digital video.
6. Meet Robert Munsch - Everything you want to know about this author of fun stories!
7. Meet Jan Brett - A great site with tons of activities and wonderful illustrations. There is even a mailing address for writing to Ms. Brett.
8. The World of Beverly Cleary - Visit your favourite characters from many of Beverly Cleary's popular stories, including Ramona, Ralph the Mouse, and Henry Huggins.
9. Scholastic Books -This site offers links to many favourite stories and characters, including Harry Potter and the popular Goosebumps series.
10. Reading Rainbow - This website is based on the popular television series, Reading Rainbow. It is an online reading resource and activity centre. Move your mouse over items on the page and click!
11. Between the Lions - This website is based on the popular television series, and it has many online stories and related games to help get children excited about reading.
Illuminations (Grades K-2)
National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
Ranger Rick Jr.
Sport Illustrated for Kids
Safe Web Search
Stay Safe Poem
National Geographic Kids