At Haysboro School student behavior is supported in a consistent, universal, school-wide approach, based on fair and predictable responses, support and restorative actions that provide opportunities for students to learn while focusing on improving behavior.
We do this by:
- outlining clear, consistent roles and expectations that promote a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment for students, staff and families,
- respecting diversity and fostering a sense of belonging for all members of our school community,
- helping students to develop empathy and become positive citizens both within and outside of the school community,
- explaining the consequences when a student’s disruptive behaviour negatively impacts the learning environment,
- supporting personal development, character and citizenship through a progression of proactive, preventative, and restorative strategies:
- Restitution: fixing what they have done,
- Resolution: preparing a plan to prevent the incident from happening again, which is shared with parents/guardians, and
- Reconciliation: making amends with the person he/she has harmed.
Serious and/or chronic misbehavior may be subject to disciplinary measures up to and including suspension or expulsion.