PE at H.D. Cartwright
Our primary purpose will be to promote Physical Literacy and the benefits of a Healthy & Active Lifestyle, and to provide personalized learning opportunities that lead to success for each student every single day. You will gain experience within various physical activities assisting you in further understanding health and wellness benefits, promoting positive interactions and leading an active lifestyle.
When students enter a PE Space:
- We are all athletes
- Everything we truly need, we already have
“Together We Build!”
- We are all working together as teammates to grow our community
- We all have the power to lead and make our space strong
- In the space, we all show respect for each other, for the building and for ourselves
- With confidence we face all the challenges ahead
- With each risk we take we all have the power to be resilient
All H.D. Cartwright students are encouraged to change for their P.E. classes.
On warm days, students may wish to bring items such as water bottle, hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and bug spray.
On cooler days, students are encouraged to dress appropriately for the weather. Items such as hoodies, sweatpants, jackets, gloves, toques may make students feel more comfortable. However, students should still change the layer of clothing underneath their warm clothes so that the bottom layer of clothing is different than the clothing they wear to their academic classes.
Physical Education Outcomes
- Performs and refines movement skills
- Cooperates to demonstrate fair play and teamwork
- Explores and applies strategies for leading a healthy, active life