The Middle Years
Middle years learning refers to education offered to students between the ages of 10-15. These years are critical in keeping our students on the path to high school completion and their career futures.
Keys for student success include:
- participating in hands-on, purposeful and relevant learning
- creating positive relationships with peers, teachers and other adults
- being actively involved in the community and feeling supported by family, businesses and other organizations that surround them.
Please see the linked articles provided by the CBE (bottom right side of this page) for more information regarding adolescent development in the middle years.
At H.D. Cartwright student classroom information and homework is always posted on our Google Classroom.
My CBE / PowerSchool is the one-stop online resource to:
- View academic information (schedule, grades and attendance)
- View learning activities using Brightspace by D2L
- Register for transportation and noon supervision
- Pay fees and request waivers
- Book school conferences
The PowerSchool Link allows you to see student assessments and attendance and book School Conferences, pay Fees and more.
- To access the new MyCBE / PowerSchool applications, legal guardians will need to create a new Parent Account. To create a new account, go to this website: www.cbe.ab.ca/mycbe.
- This PowerSchool Presentation includes the steps to learn about how to view student assessments.