Dear HWW Students, Families, and Community members,
This week's update is dedicated to school spirit!
I could not be prouder of our Warriors. Year-end always provides opportunities to see students in large groups, individually they are remarkable and collectively so powerful. Besides our Graduation Ceremony, we have now gathered for our outstanding Pep Rally and Carnival, for our Creative Arts Awards and upcoming Athletic Awards. There are so many ways to be a Warrior, and our students continue to share their voices and build our wonderful community.
This week has been so joyful, with Leadership Spirit week, PRIDE activities and our first Cultural Day.
In sports, our Field Hockey team earned Silver in the City Finals. It was a tough game and they played so well. What an outstanding season.
Our Jr Boys Rugby team is in Cities today! Go, Warriors!
We all have a part in finishing the year strong. The last day of regular length classes is tomorrow (Thursday).
· Grade 12 students on spares are invited to join the field games outside.
· We will be bbq'ing hot dogs for all students at lunch.
· Yearbooks will be distributed.
A reminder to all students that we want to ensure safety and security for all Warriors and a joyful day.
· Bags will be checked as students come into the school and cars coming into the parking lot.
· The school will continue to be learning focused, no water fights are permitted inside.
· And, as always, the student Code of Conduct applies.
· Lockers need to be cleaned out by students no later than 2 pm on June 16. Please return all Library books and textbooks to the Library as soon as possible.
On Friday's PD Day, staff will continue their work on task design and assessment as we plan forward for next year. Next week:
· A reminder that diploma exams begin on Monday as well as some early non-diploma exams.
· Extended classes for all students take place on Wednesday- Thursday.
· Exams begin full time June 16-27.
· A reminder that our Specialized Classes and LEAD are in session until June 28.
· Our wonderful School Council will be on hand with popcorn and lemonade to treat students on Wednesday June 15th.
Here we go, June!
Aileen Smyth- Principal