Laura Lodberg, By appointment requested through your guidance counsellor.
Nurse’s Office, Room 127
Henry Wise Wood is fortunate enough to have a school nurse who visits on an as-needed basis.
Students must self-refer however teachers and parents can communicate with a guidance counsellor if they feel a student should see the nurse.
School Based Mental Health
- Therapy - Mariana Grinman
- Psychologist - Wednesdays
- Student Services SOGI (Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity) - David Small, Psychologist
*Referral via Student Services
Mental Health Resources
- Ministry of Children's Services, Calgary Office 403-297-6100
- Calgary Counselling Centre 403-265-4980
- Calgary Family Services 403-233-2360
- Jewish Family Service 403-287-3510
- Catholic Family Service 403-233-2360
- Access Mental Health 403-943-1500
- Carya Family Counselling & Community Services 403-205-5264
Forms You Need
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student's attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school,
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student's health concern or school registration.
First Aid Stations
There are numerous First Aid Stations located on all three floors around the building. They are clearly indicated by a white cross outlined in red. Many school staff and administration are updated and trained in Standard First Aid every year.
A.E.D. Automated External Defibrillator
An Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is mounted on the wall in the hallway directly across from the main office doors. It is used to treat the most common causes of sudden cardiac arrest. The AED should be used to treat someone you think may be a victim of Sudden Cardiac Arrest. A person in SCA does not respond when shaken, and is not breathing normally. The AED is an automated device and will give the user instructions about how to proceed. It is best if someone who has been trained in CPR uses the AED.