- Monday - Thursday: 9 AM - 4 PM
- Friday: 9 AM - 2 PM
Welcome to the Guidance Department at Henry Wise Wood! We currently have 3 Guidance Counsellors, Student Support Resource Coordinator and a Work Experience/RAP off Campus Teacher/Coordinator. Students are assigned to counsellors alphabetically by surname. In order to assist students in obtaining a high school education, counsellors offer a variety of services through individual and small group counselling.
These services facilitate the development of self-advocacy and awareness of one’s interests, encourage a healthy lifestyle and help students plan for life after high school. Counsellors can also assist:
- students with course planning and scheduling, personal concerns, career planning, and document evaluations (out of province or out of country)
- students and parents in accessing personal, educational and career related resources both in and out of school;
- students in exploring post-secondary opportunities and scholarship information
Our Student Services Team
Appointments are booked throughout the year in the Guidance Office.
Mr. M. Fullerton - Counsellor for students with last names A - G
Ms. C. Little - Counsellor for students with last names H - O
Ms. J Renaud - Counsellor for students with last names P - Z
Ms. C. Boehr - Secretary
Ms. D. Lannigan - Student Support - Room 103, all day including Wisetime
Ms. C. Belliveau - Off-campus Coordinator, RAP(Registered Apprenticeship Program), WEX ( Work Experience)
Course & Timetable Changes
Only critical timetable changes will be considered. Timetable adjustments will be for critical changes only for the following:
- timetable reads “See Counsellor”
- student lacks a pre-requisite course
- timetable is incomplete or unbalanced
- changes needed due to CBeLearn/Chinook/Other Summer School course (bring report card)
- changes from a higher academic stream to a lower academic stream as recommended by a teacher or on the report card.
Our student services team is currently working on timetabling courses and balancing classes. Students are strongly encouraged to access their timetable by attending Passport to Success which is held in August. Students that are new to the Calgary Board of Education and all Henry Wise Wood students, will receive a paper copy of their timetables during our Passport to Success Days. Please check our website in June for our summer newsletter and details to Passport to Success Days. As the CBE is going through system changes, timetables may not be available online prior to Passport to Success.
Have a great summer and see you in the fall.
***Deadline for Timetable changes is Sept. 7, 2020***
Important: No requests for specific teachers will be accepted. Please do not email or phone in course change requests.
Come And Meet Audrey
Temporarily on pause for now. We hope to have Audrey back in the school in the new year. Pending COVID restrictions.
Mondays During Lunch
Chestermere Therapy Dogs Society has again arranged weekly visits to our school. Interactions with animals are known to reduce stress and anxiety for all ages. Audrey and her handler, Amy will be visiting Henry Wise Wood on Monday’s during lunch time (12:11 - 12:45 PM).
Audrey is a Bernadoodle (Burmese Mountain Dog / Poodle cross). Audrey is such a sweet girl who is low to non-shedding and is a safe bet for most people with allergies. Be sure to come and say hi to Audrey.