Visitor parking stalls are not numbered and are located on west side of the school (entrance by the field). A reminder that all visitors must check in at the main office upon arrival.
Student Parking Passes
As we grow, parking is becoming more limited at Henry Wise Wood High School. Students wanting to park on the school property are required to make an application.
Completed application forms are due to the main office by 2:00 p.m. October 6.
To be considered eligible for a parking pass, student must:
- hold a Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License
- have paid their school fees or have created a payment plan through the Business Office or online
- Please note that due to the limited parking stalls available, priority will be given to students enrolled in Grade 12.
- If there are spots remaining, Grade 10 & 11 student applications will be placed in a lottery draw and the successful applicants will be posted.
- Based on availability of spots, students can apply throughout the year for the waitlist.
Limited parking requires all students to have arranged alternate transportation to and from school in the event they do not receive a parking pass.
Once approved for a parking pass, $40.00+gst annual parking fee is to be paid to the Business Office in order for the successful applicants to be issued their parking pass. Parking passes not paid for and picked up will be re-distributed.
Student Parking and Driving Practices
- Students are expected to drive in a safe and courteous manner at all times. Failure to do so will result in the withdrawal of parking privileges, contact with parents and the School Resource Officer and/or suspension.
- Student vehicles must be parked in the student designated areas only.
- All vehicles parked on Henry Wise Wood property must be registered at the school. Proof of registration is with a parking tag displayed in the front window.
- Drivers use the parking lot at their own risk.
- The school is not responsible or liable for losses or damage to vehicles or their contents while in the school parking lot.
- A parking tag may be purchased at the Business Office at a cost of $40.
- Students with unpaid fees or textbook issues will not be eligible for a parking pass until the issues are resolved.
- Priority is given to Grade 12 students, then Grade 11, and subject to availability, Grade 10s.
- The parking tag is to be placed on the rear view mirror or dash of the registered vehicle.
- The tag must be visible to be valid. There is a replacement cost for lost/stolen parking tags. Vehicles not displaying the proper parking tag or parked illegally will be ticketed.
- Loud stereos are not permitted as they disrupt class instruction and neighbours.
- Failure to follow rules related to vehicle registration and parking in the student lot will result in loss of parking privileges.
As part of our good neighbour policy, we would ask students not to park their vehicles in the community or at the Kingsland Shopping Centre.