Visitor parking stalls are not numbered and are located on west side of the school (entrance by the field). A reminder that all visitors must check in at the main office upon arrival.
Student Parking Passes
We are able to offer a limited number of student parking spots each year. We open this privilege up first to our Grade 12 students, then Grade 11s and so on. Grade 12 students have an opportunity to sign up for a spot during our Passport to Success Days.
Announcements will be made towards the end of September to sell passes to our Grade 12 students whose fees are paid and who have no other outstanding obligations. Once those applications are complete and processed we will open up the process to Grade 11s and then Grade 10s. Students should listen for school announcements regarding parking passes.
Student Parking and Driving Practices
- Students are expected to drive in a safe and courteous manner at all times. Failure to do so will result in the withdrawal of parking privileges, contact with parents and the School Resource Officer and/or suspension.
- Student vehicles must be parked in the student designated areas only.
- All vehicles parked on Henry Wise Wood property must be registered at the school. Proof of registration is with a parking tag displayed in the front window.
- Drivers use the parking lot at their own risk.
- The school is not responsible or liable for losses or damage to vehicles or their contents while in the school parking lot.
- A parking tag may be purchased at the Business Office at a cost of $40.
- Students with unpaid fees or textbook issues will not be eligible for a parking pass until the issues are resolved.
- Priority is given to Grade 12 students, then Grade 11, and subject to availability, Grade 10s.
- The parking tag is to be placed on the rear view mirror or dash of the registered vehicle.
- The tag must be visible to be valid. There is a replacement cost for lost/stolen parking tags. Vehicles not displaying the proper parking tag or parked illegally will be ticketed.
- Loud stereos are not permitted as they disrupt class instruction and neighbours.
- Failure to follow rules related to vehicle registration and parking in the student lot will result in loss of parking privileges.
As part of our good neighbour policy, we would ask students not to park their vehicles in the community or at the Kingsland Shopping Centre.