International Baccalaureate Registration 2023-2024
Application/Registration information for the 2023-24 school year coming soon
Grade 9 students that are interested in the International Baccalaureate Program will need to complete the following Calgary Board of Education documents: High School Transfer (if not designated to Henry Wise Wood) and the IB Expression of Interest. For more information on both of these please open the CBE link to read more.
Grade 10-12 Registration for Students new to the CBE
New to the CBE and are not Canadian citizens must register through the CBE Welcome Centre and need to book an appointment before registering. Students can determine their address designated high school with the ‘Find a School’ tool on the CBE website at Find a School. If Henry Wise Wood is not your designated CBE High School, see Transferring Between CBE Schools
Is IB the right choice for you?
IB is an academic program of choice. If students are passionate about content in at least two school subjects in junior high, they can register in the IB program and will be provided with the opportunity to delve into the school subjects of interest more deeply in Grade 10, 11 and 12. IB courses are available in all Core Subjects - English, Social Studies, Math, and Science as well as complementary areas of Philosophy, Art, Film Studies, French and Spanish.
Students designated to HWW by address are eligible to submit IB registration documents.
Students not designated to HWW by address are eligible to apply to transfer to HWW for the IB Program providing:
1. Interested families live in Area V or VI or one of the newly designated communities listed above.
2. Grade 9 students are passionate about becoming an IB student.
3. Students select two IB courses (minimum) in the IB program. This is a minimum two-year commitment for all IB students.
4. Interested IB learners are currently successful in their Grade 9 courses in which they want to pursue IB – 3’s and 4’s, or 75% or higher.
5. Parents complete the:
- IB registration paperwork before the March 15, 2022 deadline.
- Online Transfer Form before the March 15, 2022 deadline and submit the required paperwork listed on the HWW website.
How to Register for IB at Henry Wise Wood High School
During a health emergency when access to school buildings is being limited for everyone's safety please email your registration to our school: email@example.com
Email instructions: The subject line of the email is to be “IB NEW Registration -” followed by the full legal name of the child/student. For example, if the full legal name of the child is Morgan Aubrey Smith, then the subject line of the email is "IB NEW Registration - Morgan Aubrey Smith". Please include your students IB Expression of Interest, IB Checklist and supporting documents including report card, proof of home address etc.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Mr. Glenn Finockio