International Baccalaureate Program Information Night
Future IB Warriors and families! The International Baccalaureate Program Information Night is happening on Wednesday, November 2nd at 6:30pm in the HWW Gymnasium for current Grade 9 students looking to apply for the IB program for the 2023-24 school year. Topics will include an overview of the IB program at Henry Wise Wood with components and requirements, university recognition, costs and benefits of the program.
If you have any questions about the evening, you can email the IB Coordinator (Mr. Glenn Finockio) at firstname.lastname@example.org
International Baccalaureate Registration 2023-2024
Application/Registration information for the 2023-24 school year coming soon
Grade 9 students that are interested in the International Baccalaureate Program will need to complete the following Calgary Board of Education documents: High School Transfer (if not designated to Henry Wise Wood) and the IB Expression of Interest. For more information on both of these please open the CBE link to read more.
Grade 10-12 Registration for Students new to the CBE
New to the CBE and are not Canadian citizens must register through the CBE Welcome Centre and need to book an appointment before registering. Students can determine their address designated high school with the ‘Find a School’ tool on the CBE website at Find a School. If Henry Wise Wood is not your designated CBE High School, see Transferring Between CBE Schools
Is IB the right choice for you?
IB is an academic program of choice. If students are passionate about content in at least two school subjects in junior high, they can register in the IB program and will be provided with the opportunity to delve into the school subjects of interest more deeply in Grade 10, 11 and 12. IB courses are available in all Core Subjects - English, Social Studies, Math, and Science as well as complementary areas of Philosophy, Art, Film Studies, Chinese, French and Spanish.
Students designated to HWW by address are eligible to submit IB registration documents.
Students not designated to HWW by address are eligible to apply to transfer to HWW for the IB Program providing:
1. Interested families live in Area V or VI or one of the newly designated communities listed above.
2. Grade 9 students are passionate about becoming an IB student.
3. Students select a minimum of two IB subjects in the IB program. Students must commit to completing a minimum of two IB subjects up to and including the Grade 12 level and to completing all IB assessments in their chosen IB subjects.
4. Interested IB learners are currently successful in their Grade 9 courses in which they want to pursue IB – 3’s and 4’s, or 75% or higher.
5. Parents complete the:
- IB registration paperwork before the March 15, 2023 deadline.
- Online Transfer Form before the March 15, 2023 deadline and submit the required paperwork listed on the HWW website.
International Baccalaureate Registration 2023-2024, COMING SOON! stay tuned for more information and important dates.
Calgary Board of Education Registration Process for the International Baccalaureate
How to Register for IB at Henry Wise Wood High School
Please download and complete the following forms including the checklist. Completed forms and supporting documents are emailed to email@example.com
Note: International Baccalaureate Program- please submit only one registration package to your designated IB school
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Mr. Glenn Finockio